Dear Liebster Award People;
Today I was nominated for my first Liebster Award so I’m pretty excited! I want to thank Emily at Another Look At Life for the nomination, I love your blog and I’m honoured that you like mine too! For those of you who don’t know what a Liebster Award is, here ya go:
“The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!”
So here I go! Here are my 11 random facts about myself:
- I have lived in five cities in my life, all in BC, Canada
- I have a ridiculous fear of missing out on something, anything
- I have an irrational fear of pregnancy and becoming pregnant
- My favourite thing to do is travel with my boyfriend. However, whenever I leave home I am instantly home sick
- I really, really love apartments with floor to ceiling windows
- I don’t like lettuce or peanut butter
- My pain tolerance is pretty much zero. Everything hurts me
- I have never liked riding in elevators
- Terraria and The Sims are the best games ever created
- Harry Potter is my life
- And lastly, I really hate social media (Facebook is OK but if I could never have known about SnapChat that would’ve been great!)
And now onto the questions that Emily asked me:
1. How are you doing today? Do anything interesting? :)
Well today is Easter so I just slept in, ate a TON of chocolate, and played the Last of Us with my boyfriend! Tonight I am going to my grandparent’s house to have turkey dinner with them :) I’m actually feeling pretty zen today which is surprising because exams are coming up next week and that’s super stressful.
2. What was the inspiration behind the start of your blog?
To tell you the truth I started my blog because I just wanted a place to talk about how stressed out I feel about life. I am too cheap to buy a paper diary and blogging is free so that’s why I started. But now that I have been doing it for a couple weeks I love the blogging community! Everyone is so nice and supportive and it’s nice to get some feedback on my writing and stressing.
3. What is your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
I really like to read but I find that unless it’s the summer or I’m on vacation I don’t really read much (other than textbooks). So if I did have a few days off I would just love to sit around, not think about anything, and just read some books (classics and financial/management planning are my favourites). But on a regular basis, when I come home from school or work I just like to sit with my boyfriend, talk, and watch Boarder Security or Cops.
4. If there was nothing stopping you, what would your dream job be?
I have been thinking a lot about that lately. I think what I want to end up doing is become either a personal financial planner or a mobile mortgage manager. I want to help people reach their financial dreams of buying their first home or retiring with enough money to travel the world. I’m not super into sales but I like building relationships so this seems like a good fit. However, I would eventually like to own a bunch a real estate and make at least half of my income off of buying, selling, and renting out properties. So maybe I will end up becoming a realtor. I’m not really sure but I have been playing with that idea a little bit.
5. What is one object that you couldn’t live without?
This is going to sound super immature but I really couldn’t live without my stuffed panda bear. I was given him the day I was born my a nurse that worked in the hospital (I’m not sure why she bought him for me but she did). I love him more than anything else I own.
6. What trait to you value most in a best friend?
Evan, my boyfriend, is my best friend and I really value his truthiness. He tells the truth even when it means he is going to get in trouble. I lie a lot and it’s not something I am proud of and so I really admire him for telling the truth all the time.
7. What/who inspires you?
So many people inspire me that I don’t know if I could list them all. But I think the one thing they all have in common is that they are just normal, average people that created an amazing life for themselves through hard work, not luck or chance. For example, my finance professor went to school to become an engineer and, once he finished his degree, realized he hated it. He went back to school to study financial planning and now is starting to take over a local wealth investment firm from a very respected and wealthy man in the community. He isn’t taking over that business because his father was the owner or because he knew the right people. He worked super hard to get where he is and now gets to live a dream life.
8. What song(s) do you like to listen to when you study/work?
I listen to a lot of classical music when I study. I just find that it makes me concentrate so much better.
9. What is one experience that especially changed you as a person?
You know, it’s funny that you asked me this because just yesterday I posted “Battles To Be Won“, a post about how I haven’t really had any life defining moments. I think just doing the everyday things as well as possible is what has made me the person I am.
10. What is one thing from your childhood that you would like to re-live?
My mom would take me and my brother to a place called ‘Gold Stream Park’ in Victoria, BC every spring to see the salmon spawning. It is probably my favourite memory from my childhood and I would definitely relive those trips if I could.
11. What are three of your future goals?
Wow, big question! Well here is what I have so far: (I know these goals are ridiculously specific, I’m a business kid, this is how we do things)
- Graduate from university in 2016 with no student debt and a GPA of at least 3.5
- Purchase my first property (my own home) by the time I have my 22nd birthday on February 15th, 2016
- Start working in my field of study, preferably at Coastal Community Credit Union by the end of this summer (2014)
After these are met I really don’t know what else I could want. Maybe make enough money to go back to Europe. I’m not sure. And now I would like to nominate Ashley, Polly, MS, A Worried Student, Kauruna, Wishing Well, Miki, Squid, The Narcissist, Perfect Manifesto, and Maizy! I love all of your blogs and I’m so happy to be able to nominate you guys. My questions for you are: I did steal some of these from Emily, they were such good questions!)
- What has been your favourite travel destination and why should I go there?
- What is your advice to the younger you?
- What are you most proud of?
- If nothing was stopping you what would your dream job be?
- Who/what inspires you?
- What are three of your future goals?
- If you could be someone else would you be? Who?
- What do you find most challenging in life?
- What is your favourite quote?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Are you happy?
Please post your response in the comments because I really would like to read all of your responses. Thanks, have a good one!